SACOM as an NGO aims at bringing concerned students, scholars, labour activists, and consumers together to monitor corporate behaviour and to advocate for labour rights. SACOM currently has a vacancy on:
Project Coordinator/ Project Officer
As the Project Officer, the appointee will be required to
· give aid to compile reports on corporate social responsibilities and labour rights;
· keep communications with international partners and networks;
· conduct public education projects on labour rights;
· explore and manage various media platforms promoting campaigns;
· draft proposal for fundraising purpose
· provide day-to-day administrative and secretarial support to the organization, and;
As the Project Coordinator, the appointee will be additionally required to
· organize and strategize labour rights campaigns;
· explore funding potential; and
· oversee and manage the campaign projects;
For appointment as the Project Officer, applicants should
· have a bachelor’s degree (degree in social science or humanities is preferable);
· have working experience in NGOs or at least 1 year other working experience;
· have good command of spoken and written English and Chinese;
· have a good independent working ability;
· take ad hoc duties required and work occasionally in evening and holidays;
· be willing to take occasional work trip; and
· have enthusiasm on labour rights in Hong Kong, mainland China or Asian countries.
For appointment as the Project Coordinator, applicants should additionally:
· have working experience in NGOs or at least 3 years other working experience;
· possess a master’s degree (research degree is preferable); and
· be familiar with the social and political affairs in Hong Kong/China/Asia.
Application and Enquiries
Applicants are requested to state clearly the specific post applied for in your application. In addition, applicants have to write a 2000- word article on “Labour Rights in Hong Kong, mainland China or Asia. Please send your application letter enclosing an up-to-date curriculum vitae and the article to us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about SACOM and this recruitment, please refer to www.sacom.hk.